Monday, November 14, 2011

monday, monday



I am finally back on track and excited about my newest pieces.  The above piece is entitled Gypsy.  As you can see, I have included tarot card images from a 1918 book.  Often I will use vintage pages pulled from tattered and time worn books, but this first edition was in such wonderful condition that I didn't have the heart take my exacto-knife to it.  I photocopied the images onto vintage dictionary pages instead.  I still haven't signed this one as I feel perhaps some additional embellishment is in order.  Soon.


*****

I do have quite a horde of vintage ephemera to choose from and recently found this sweet vintage piece to help me stay organized.


I also snagged this vintage purse.  I love the beading and look forward to carrying it with me on my next dinner date with Arturo.  We do try to make a weekly date night.  It is one of the secrets to maintaining a good relationship.  You cannot forget the romance!

*****

I was pleasantly surprised by the double yolker I cracked open this morning for breakfast.  I take this as an positive sign for the week ahead.  I plan on working double time in the next month or two to prepare for my second show.  I will post details as the date approaches.  Hi Ho!


No comments: