Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lovers Lost


"Though lovers be lost love shall not."
                             - Dylan Thomas

My newest piece is a tribute to lost loves.  I have been contemplating the twists and turns life takes and the loves left behind.  This year has marked the passing of many loved ones and although they may be physically gone, the love lives on.

Like many artists, I enjoy the story telling art allows.  This process can be very cathartic as the collage materials that accompany my pieces are very carefully chosen.  This contemplation can bring out feelings that were buried and although the viewer may not know the entire back story of any piece, I hope my work elicits an emotional response.





 While the main image may initially grab your attention, my hope is that the selected collage imagery will give rise to further reflection.   For me, the collage process can take almost as long as the creation of the subject.
*****







No comments: