Saturday, October 29, 2011

a week in autumn

Introducing Grover Hayes!  I completed him this week and he is ready for my upcoming solo show.  Mr. Hayes was a featherweight boxer in the early 1900's and although he was small in stature, he was a force to be reckoned with, hence his nickname "The Battler."  He is the newest addition to my sports figures series.

*****

In other news, the little jester spent several days with me this week.  He participated in a Halloween Parade as his favorite character, Pooh bear and even ran into his friend Tigger...

*****


As the days shorten and the air chills, we enjoy the antics of our feathered friends.  Below is an image of one of the robins testing the maturity of the tiny crabapples just outside my kitchen window...
Not yet, little one!  You must wait until they ripen and turn red.  Come back for a delicious mid-winter snack.

No comments: